Dr. Kevin G. TeBeest
Math-305, Numerical Methods & Matrices
- You should check this page daily and begin working
the assignments immediately after they are posted.
- You are expected to do all assigned problems.
You may need to do additional problems for practice.
- You are expected to read the textbook as we cover the
- The day the assignment was posted is shown.
Assignments will be posted below
AS we cover the material.
- Do all the examples in the first Maple tutorial entitled
- Do not use the shortcut menu buttons in the left
panel of Maple. Rather, manually type the commands as
they appear in the Maple examples.
- You should work all assigned Maple examples immediately to
help you prepare for the programming assignments.
- There may be Maple related questions on exams
(see the course policy).
Kettering has made Maple amply available on many PCs throughout the AB.
Read Sections 0.1, 0.4, and 0.6.
(Because you should always read sections as we cover the material,
normally I do not post reading assignments.)
- You are responsible for successfully completing all assigned
problems in all your courses.
- The exams may include problems similar to these assignments and
lecture examples and may include questions about Maple.
- We must maintain a steady pace to cover the material
that constitutes Math-305. If you have difficulty with a section, be
sure to see me for help immediately.
- No matter how simple a topic appears when you see my examples or read
the text, you will almost certainly have difficulty completing an exam
if you do not practice the examples and do the assignments beforehand.